15 Things to do with Soda (Besides Drink it)
It’s been chanted so loudly by health officials and fitness gurus for so many years that we’ve almost become deaf to it – but soda is really, REALLY bad for you. I’m talking all sodas – Coke, Pepsi, Dr Pepper, and, yes, even Game Fuel. If you think you’re safe because your soda of choice reads ‘diet’ on the side, then I’ve got news for you: you have been living a lie. There are enough chemicals in that can you’re holding to, quite literally, dissolve just about anything over time.
Personally, I was never a soda drinker, so I never had to worry about this, but I know many people who have legitimately struggled with quitting soda. It’s no surprise, really – soda is packed with ungodly amounts of sugar, which, as I mentioned in this article, has recently been found to have nearly eight times the addictive power of cocaine.
Quitting soda is tough, but ultimately worth it. You’ll feel better, look healthier, and have a much easier time if you’re trying to lose weight. And besides, check out this list of things you can do with all that soda you’re not drinking!
- Clean up your car battery.
- Remove blood stains from your shirt (you know, just in case).
- Remove rust from just about anything.
- Clean the engine in your car.
- Remove oil stains from a concrete floor.
- Strip the paint from any metal furniture.
- Clean the tile grout in your bathroom.
- Get grease stains out of your clothes.
- Rid your garden of slugs.
- Un-tarnish old coins.
- DISSOLVE A HUMAN TOOTH (over time…a long time. But still!)
- Give your toilet the best cleaning its had in years.
- Get your swimming pool clean for summer.
- Improve the effectiveness of your compost.
- Quickly age a photograph.
There are a few allegedly beneficial uses for soda, like getting a deeper tan (unconfirmed, but I highly recommend you don’t try it), or preventing kidney stones (I believe that one – it dissolves just about everything else, so why not?). I don’t know how much of that is true or not, but I’ll tell you one thing that you definitely can’t do with soda – lose weight.